As an illustrator, story teller, film director, and exploratory rock climber, Jeremy Collins' repertoire is vast.
Artist Jeremy’s illustrative art has been featured in more than 150 climbing magazines and in numerous how-to books. Outdoor and adventure brands have used his imagery for product lines and even in the design of a line of climbing shoes. He also creates beautiful watercolor maps that have graced the cover and pages of National Geographic Magazine. His map and clothing brand, Meridian Line™ is hitting retail spaces currently and online in spring of 2014.
Activist Jeremy has helped raise thousands of dollars for various causes and non-profits including pediatric brain cancer research, The Access Fund, American Alpine Club, Habitat For Humanity, Causecentric and water.org. He currently volunteers for the American Alpine Club, Cliff Drive Corridor Management Committee, and Rios Libres, He has also donated his time and talents in Venezuela, where he and his team delivered solar power to a small village. Jeremy later returned to that village to lead creative art projects with the children.
Filmmaker Through his partnership with ThreeHouse Studios, his illustrative work is brought to life through animation and live action footage. Together, they create soulful short award-winning films exploring the intersection of adventure and life. His film/stage production “The Wolf & The Medallion” won the Banff Center’s Creative Excellence Award, and 5 Point Film Festivals Best of The Fest.
Climber On the rock Jeremy has pioneered more than 300 new routes in the United States. He has climbed extensively internationally with notable first ascents in Argentina, Venezuela, Canada, and China. He is currently working on his multi-year book and film project called “DRAWN- The Art of Ascent” in which he tells stories from the four directions using his first ascent climbs as a platform to explore universal ideas of purpose and finding direction.
Jeremy and his wife Tricia live in Kansas City, Missouri in the USA with their two children Zion Ray and Sela Muir.
COMMERCIAL CLIENTS INCLUDE:
National Geographic Magazine, Nat Geo TV, Wall Street Journal, TedEd, Outside, Patagonia, The North Face, prAna, Outdoor Research, Evolv, Rock & Ice, Trail Runner, Alpinist, Mammut, Mountaineers Books, Sharp End Books, Houghton Mifflin, Sender Films, Educational Communications Board, The Kansas City Zoo, MMGY worldwide, Bernstein Rein and others.
• Outdoor Industry Association "Most Inspiring Individual" 2015
• KC MAGAZINE- Top 100 Influencers In Kansas City, 2013
• Best Script- Bilbao Mendi Film Festival 2014
• Best Transmission of Mountaineering Values- Bilbao Mendi Film Festival 2014
• The Jury's Award- Wild & Scenic Film Festival, 2015
• Featured Touring film- Banff Mountain Film Festival 2015
• Featured Film- Vancouver Mountain Film Festival 2015
• Best Animated Film- Boulder Adventure Film Festival, 2003
• Honored Finalist- 5 Point Film Fest, 2010
• Honored Finalist- Wild & Scenic Film Festival, 2010
• Honored Finalist- Banff Film Festival, 2010
• Best Film of The Festival- 5 Point Film Fest, 2011
• Award For Creative Excellence- Banff Film Festival, 2011
• Make Your Own Legends Award- Adventure Film Fest 2011
• Jonny Copp Foundation Award- 2011
• Honored Finalist- Sheffield Adventure Film Festival, 2012
• Honored Finalist-5 Point Film Festival 2012• Copp Dash Inspire Award, 2012
• Honored Finalist- Trento Film Festival, Italy, 2012
• Honored Finalist- Vancouver Film Festival, 2012
• Honored Finalist- Adventure Film Festival, 2012
• Honored Finalist- Banff Film Festival 2012